Code of Professional Ethics
The association has a Code of Professional Ethics to guide members in their behaviour, activities and conduct to ensure public confidence and respect. Every member of PRAU shall:
- Endeavour to work for mutual understanding, peaceful coexistence and public interest.
- Uphold professional integrity and not engage in any practice which tends to compromise the channels of public communication.
- Have a duty to stand for truth, justice, accuracy and good taste.
- Not represent conflicting or competing interests without the express disclosure and full consent of the parties concerned.
- Safeguard the confidence of their present and previous employers or clients. And shall not disclose, except upon the order of the court of competent jurisdiction any confidential information, which may have been obtained in official capacity without securing and making known the consent of the said employer or client.
- Co-operate with fellow members in upholding and enforcing this code as a special obligation towards the achievement of the highest professional standards of Public Relations Practice.
PRAU subscribes to International Public Relations Association (IPRA) codes of professional conduct of: